Exterior Facade Coating
Lotus effect exterior masonry coating
A technically advanced, two-coat coloured facade coating product for use on a range of substrates that require a coloured exterior wall coating. 10 year manufacturer’s guarantee and a lifetime expectancy of 25 years.
Stay Dry and Warm
When applied, ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating creates a super hydrophobic surface commonly referred to as the ‘lotus effect‘ due to it’s similarity to the water repelling properties of the lotus leaf. When it rains, coated mineral surfaces will repel the water, causing it to form beads (because the water is more attracted to itself than the surface) and run off without being absorbed. Independent tests have shown that it reduces water absorption by 93.4% and meets the British standard for water vapour resistance BS EN ISO 7783:2011
UKAS accredited tests have demonstrated that by reducing water absorption of the walls, ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating lead to thermal performance benefits. It has been proven to meet ETAG 004;2011.
Testing in a hygrothermal chamber revealed that a wall coated in ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating and subjected to repeated heat-rain conditions in accordance with ETAG 034:2012, resulted in reduced heat loss when compared with the uncoated (control) wall. The uncoated wall showed on average an increase of 6⁰C of heat loss in comparison to the walls coated with ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating.
- For use on mineral substrates that require a coloured exterior wall coating.
- Manufactured in Germany using the very latest, superior technology
- It has undergone UKAS accredited testing
- Verified by the Energy Saving Trust
- Choice of colours available
- Highly breathable
- Creates a self-cleaning surface
- Prevents salt efflorescence
- Discourages discoloration
- Discourages growth of moss, algae and lichens.
- It is a matt finish, dirt-resistant and silicone resin based technology
- Excellent covering abilities
- Very high titanium content for maximum product performance
- Minimises frost damage
- Proven performance
Prevent and Protect
ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating not only improves the appearance of the building, it helps to maintain and protect it in the long term too;
- It mimics the lotus leaf by creating a super hydrophobic, self cleaning surface. Dirt particles are unable to obtain a hold on ProPERLA treated surfaces and will simply flow off with rainfall.
- The growth of moss, algae and lichens is deterred.
- Helps to prevent discolouration.
- Slows the ageing or breakdown of the surface of the building by helping to protect it from the damaging effects of the weather including wind driven rain, frost, high air humidity and sea salt penetrated air.
- Performance is unaffected by UV rays.
- Colour stable
The property will be weather protected and colour stable for many years.
Water cannot stick to the coated surface but forms droplets that run off the surface.
Water and moisture are able to escape the masonry due to the high breathability rating of the products.
Masonry remains clean and attractive as dirt is unable to take hold.
Reduces water absorption by more than 93%. Dry walls mean less heat loss.
ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating has undergone independent tests by UKAS certified body Lucideon and has been proven to meet the following standards;
- ETAG 034:2012 – 25 year hygrothermal performance
- ETAG 004;2011 – external thermal insulation composite
- BS EN ISO 7783 – 2011 – water vapour diffusion
- BS EN ISO 12572 – water vapour resistance
ProPERLA Facade Coating does not restrict the ability of the building to breathe. Water vapour permeability testing was conducted in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783:2011 and it demonstrated that the coating had little effect on the water vapour diffusion of the substrate.
Application of ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating protects the walls and cavities by keeping them dry whilst allowing air and moisture to escape. It maintains the important capability of the building envelope to breathe. Unlike some stone and brick sealing products, it does not block the pores of the masonry by coating them with a thin film.
ProPERLA Exterior Facade Coating is available in a range of pastel shades – for example, Water Lily, Devon Stone, Pebble, Polar White and Cotswold Cream.
The images above are indicative of the range of colours available and should be used as a guide only. Due to the variability of computer screens we cannot guarantee an exact colour match between the actual colour and the colour as displayed on a screen or when printed.
Please BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH US TODAY and one of our experts will visit you and your property to discuss the full range of options available to you.
PRODUCT GUARANTEE & OUR UNIQUE SERVICE AGREEMENT
All ProPERLA coating products benefit from a manufacturer's performance guarantee of between 10-20 years, and are also covered by our unique 5-year service agreement.
FREE NO OBLIGATION HOME SURVEY AND QUOTATION
Get in Touch Today
Book an appointment with us today and we will arrange a FREE consultation in the comfort of your own home, and we can answer any of your questions you may have about your project and discuss what we can do for you.